When it comes to social media marketing, Twitter is considered one of the fastest growing communication tools to date. When you have a business, blog or website, Twitter gives you the ability to be seen by its community. Why should you be on Twitter and how can you make this work for your business?
The Benefits of Twitter Marketing
- Twitter is a great tool for market research. As you gain followers and are able to interact with them, you will be given an insight how they feel about your business. You get to know your customers on a personal basis and they will be able to tell you the changes that need to be implemented when it comes to your products and services. This will ultimately guide you to the creation of new products and services for your business.
- It can spurt customer satisfaction. It is true that having a customer service hotline is a great way for buyers to communicate with your business. However, with the number of calls that your business may be handling daily, some customers are not willing to wait on the queue to push through with their complaints. When you have a Twitter page, this is another way for your customers to reach you. Unanswered calls may lead to customer dissatisfaction. You breach this gap by being able to answer them through another channel and this can be done with the use of a business Twitter page.
- You inculcate positive branding for your business. Assuming you already use Twitter for marketing. When you assign someone who is skilled in interacting with your customers, you can create a positive image for your business. This entails the use of polite but truthful responses to your customers. People like honesty and would rather have that then empty promises. Getting someone who can handle different types of people will be good for your business.
Twitter Marketing Tips
- Be responsible with your Tweets.Your audience is diverse. They belong to different generations. Making use of vulgar words will certainly not be appreciated by parents and are afraid that these will be seen by their children. Bad impression gets out quickly since news in Twitter is like the speed of lightning. Also, protect your reputation so that you will not be dubbed as a spammer. Nobody likes to follow a business entity that tweets every single minute. While some entities think that doing this is a great way to get noticed by your followers, what it only does is annoy them.
- Share interesting tweets. You should not only be concentrating on marketing your products and services when you are on Twitter. While having a multitude of followers is a great way to make Twitter marketing work, another great way for you to be seen through this social media page is by having someone else retweet your posts. So why not divert from your daily routine of sharing only the information found in your website and post a quote or a two every week? Many people are usually looking for something inspiring that they can retweet on their own accounts.
- Do not follow all your followers. When somebody follows your page, it does not automatically mean that you also have to return the favor. If you did that, your page will be flooded with information that may not be useful for your business. Follow only the gurus in your niche or other experts in business so that these will also become your other source of information. If you find some of their posts interesting, then you can retweet these so that your followers will have some fresh information coming from you.