For the past few years, businesses have utilized Internet marketing techniques in order to promote their website and services. However, a couple of years ago, the social media industry began to thrive. Led by Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social networking sites, this new trend has provided a new technique for marketers – social media marketing.
However, because Google is constantly updating its algorithm, it should not come as a surprise that social media marketing would also acquire a few tweaks and changes. If you are an online business owner or Internet marketing specialist, here are five trends you should look out for in this industry:
- More people will go to social media to search for entertainment – Nowadays, getting connected with real-life friends and online buddies allow users to get loads of entertaining information from the Internet. Instead of looking for ‘entertaining’ things by visiting search engines, they would just look for them through social networking sites. Obviously, those which are ‘liked’ and ‘shared’ more often are the more entertaining ones.
- Social media will help consumers make good decisions when purchasing products and services – Nowadays, companies are making Facebook accounts for their businesses to connect with their consumers. Through this, feedback and comments about certain products or services would be easily expressed. Once potential customers read this, they would know if a company’s merchandise is worth their money.
- Mobile phones and tablets will be used more often for social media – Whether we admit it or not, more people are accessing social media sites using their mobile devices. In fact, a lot of advertising materials and campaigns have started to creep their way in people’s mobile phones.
- Reputation management in social media will become crucial – In the past, reputation can be easily fabricated through blog posts and comments. Now, reputation management has transcended the social media realm. Comments and posts are easily generated through Facebook or Twitter, which allows consumers to voice any positive or negative concern they might have.
- All forms of content is still important for social media marketing, SEO, and other marketing techniques – Content is a valuable key in social marketing, but unless it is fresh and timely, readers and Internet users may not bother to stop and look. Once fresh content is posted or shared in social media sites, it will automatically generate traffic.
Social media has greatly changed the landscape of advertising for the past years. Because of this, internet marketers, SEO specialists, web developers and other virtual office experts should make sure that they always incorporate social media elements in whatever they do. That way, it would be easier to use and enjoy the benefits of social media to improve a website’s visibility and reputation.
If you are an online business owner and you want to make sure your website remains one of the sought-after sites in your niche, do not forget the factors and points given above. Who knows? You might just be able to weather the storms of social media by sticking to an effective social media marketing plan.